Points of Pride
- UMBC was ranked No. 3 in global social and economic impact in a 2019 University Impact Ranking done by Times Higher Education. The rankings measure how well universities perform based on UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- UMBC was named as the No. 8 school on the Most Innovative Schools list by the U.S. News & World Report 2020 Rankings.
- UMBC places No. 79 in the Top Public Schools list of the U.S. News & World Report 2020 Best Colleges Rankings. They are a cog in the machine that is the eight America East public schools, who are all represented in the top 100 of this list.
- UMBC has been designated a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security for both Cyber Defense Research and Education. The university is one of only 38 institutions in the United States, one being fellow America East member UMass Lowell, to be recognized by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security for education and research.
- Baltimore, MD
- University System of Maryland
- 11,260 undergraduate students; 2,507 graduate students
- Freeman A. Hrabowski III
- Philip Rous
- University Website
- Athletics Website